In my post, I show you how to add alt text to images on your WordPress blog. Alt text is short for alternative text and is used to label images.
Should an image not load on your site, your visitor sees the alt text you added.
It is good practice to add alt text to your WordPress images. Search engines like Google and Bing use robots to scan your blog content. The robots can’t see pictures. So they need the alt text to index the image.
WordPress makes it simple to add alt text to your images. In my article, I go over all the various ways you can add alternative text.
- How To Add Alt Text To Images In Your WordPress Media Library
- How To Add Alt Text To Images In WordPress When You Upload
- How To Check Alt Text For Your Images In Your Blog Post
- How To Add Alt Text To Images From The Amazon SiteStripe
- How To Add Alt Text To An Image On WordPress Video Tutorial
How To Add Alt Text To Images In Your WordPress Media Library
- Select ‘Media’ from your WordPress Admin menu.
- Hover your mouse over an image and select the ‘Edit’ link.
- Add your alt text to the ‘Alternative text’ section.
- Finally, select ‘Update’ to save your changes.
First, click on ‘Media’ on your WordPress admin menu.
In your media library, hover your mouse over an image and select the ‘Edit’ link.
On the next page at the bottom, add your alt text to the ‘Alternative text’ section. The title of your image is at the top.
Finally, on the right, select ‘Update’ to confirm your changes.
Continue with this process for each image in your media library.
How To Add Alt Text To Images In WordPress When You Upload
- Select ‘Replace’ from the toolbar.
- Select ‘Open Media Library’.
- Add alt text for the image.
- Finally, click on ‘Select’ to save your changes.
After you upload an image to your blog post, click on ‘Replace’ on the toolbar. Then select ‘Open Media Library’.
On the right of the editor, enter your image title and alt text. To update, click on the ‘Select’ link.
Adding the page title and alt text as you upload your image means you do not have to go to the media library later to update.
How To Check Alt Text For Your Images In Your Blog Post
After writing your post, you can check your images for alt text. Click on the image on your post. The alt text appears on the right.
Should you find an image or images with no alt text, you can add it before you publish.
Select ‘Replace’ from the toolbar. Then chose ‘Open Media Library’. Add the alt text and click on ‘Select’.
How To Add Alt Text To Images From The Amazon SiteStripe
- Create a custom HTML block.
- Paste your HTML code from Amazon into the block.
- Click on the three dots on the toolbar.
- Select ‘Convert to Blocks’.
- Add your alt text to the alternative text section on the right.
If you are an Amazon affiliate, you can use the Amazon SiteStripe to get images for your blog.
To add an image from the Amazon SiteStripe, create a ‘Custom HTML’ block.
Paste the image HTML code you got from the Amazon SiteStripe into the block.
Next, click on the three in the toolbar and select ‘Convert to blocks’.
Converted blocks have an option to add alt text to the image on the right.
How To Add Alt Text To An Image On WordPress Video Tutorial
Alt text is essential for your WordPress blog. Search engines use robots to scan your content. They can’t see images, only text. Adding alt text ensures search engines can index all your content.
You can add alt text to your images as you upload them, or you can edit them in your media library.
Do you add alt text to your images? How long have you been blogging?
For more WordPress tutorials, please check out my YouTube channel.